Friday 8 April 2016

Creating a site to support literacy in Year 0/1!




In our MDTA course we have been challenged to create a Google Site, which we can use in our classroom to support learning. Teaching in a New Entrants/Year One class, I need to make sure the site is easy to navigate, interactive, and allows for all levels to engage in the activities. Currently, my idea is to focus the activities around letter-sound knowledge, blends and their sounds, and high frequency word recognition. For each of the three focuses I plan to have an appropriate YouTube clip, an activity on Explain Everything, and a hands-on activity using materials (they will use their iPad to record evidence of completing this activity). The site is planned to function as a place where students who have completed their daily literacy task go for further "meaningful" tasks to support their learning. Students will be asked to complete one video activity, one Explain Everything activity, and one hands-on activity, in order to engage in a range of modes.

I have attached a screenshot of my Google site plan so far and will post updates as they develop...watch this space!


2 comments:

  1. I'm looking froward to hearing about how this goes Steph. I won't be physically popping in during Term 2, but I will be enjoying following online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dorothy - I am really excited to see how the kids engage with the site next term. I will definitely keep you updated!

    ReplyDelete